Part Time Dispatcher - The City of Norwood is accepting applications for the position of Part Time Dispatcher. Applications can be found in a link below or picked up in person at the Norwood Police Department, 4701 Montgomery Rd. The completed application can be returned by email to email@example.com or in person to the main desk. The deadline to turn in the application is Monday, July 1st, 2019 at 12:00 pm.
Minimum Employment Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- 18 years of age
- Clean criminal history
Basic Job Duties and Tasks for a Dispatcher
- Operate a multi-line telephone console system, alerting system, and TDD system for the deaf and hearing-impaired
- Translate information to the appropriate codes.
- Determine and assign the level of priority of the call and enter the data into a computer-aided dispatch system for radio dispatch purposes.
- Ask vital questions and provide pre-arrival instructions for emergency medical calls.
- Monitor and operate a radio console and computer equipment.
- Receive and respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency services and complaints.
- Ask questions to interpret, analyze and anticipate the caller's situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch emergency services, or refer callers to other agencies.
- Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies
- Identify appropriate number and type of equipment or apparatus to dispatch.
- Enters and modifies information into local, state and national computer databases.
- Monitor and respond to a variety of technical systems and alarms
Key Skills for a Dispatcher
- Able to handle responsibility
- Able to remain calm in challenging or stressful situations
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Contact Norwood Police Department
Contact: Lt. Mark Rankin
Find us on Facebook
The City of Norwood is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, shall ensure that all applicants are provided an equal opportunity for employment through an employment process which recruits and selects the most qualified persons without regard to sex, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as the basis for employment.